Factions Season 8
IMPORTANT: Read this
The Last of Us
Rank 1 Prize
❌ Bomb Expert
❌ Frontier Rifle
❌ Tactical Shotgun
❌ Purchasable Weapons
❌ Burst Pistol
❌Covert Training 2 & 3 (unless a match is accepted where it is specified that it will be allowed.) Covert 1 is always allowed.
❌ Armour (If a player purchases armour and engages in a battle, they forfeit the map. If the player chooses to approach the team while firing their weapon in the air, the other team must shoot the armour off the opposing player. Failing to remove the players helmet is not the fault of the player who purchased armour. The player must not move when in the down position and must allow the players to remove his helmet. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of the map. The team with the player who purchased armour should not engage with the enemy until 5 seconds after their team member has been executed.)
✅ The Dam
✅ Bill's Town
✅ Water Tower
✅ Bus Depot
✅ Host Chooses Map
- If the hosting team launches the wrong map, please leave the match within the first 60 seconds of the game and remake the lobby to play the correct map. If no player leaves the match during the first 60 seconds, it will be considered as both teams agreeing to play the map that was chosen.
- If the incorrect map is chosen and the teams back out, the hosting team will lose the right to host that map, and the team that was not hosting the map will now host.
❌ Shooting through walls and shoulder-swapping excessively will not be tolerated.
❌ Going outside the intended boundaries of play is prohibited.
❌ Crabwalking, run-glitching and weapon-swapping while using listen mode simultaneously is BANNED
✅ Reload glitch is permitted.
✅ Healing glitch is permitted.
- 1 Burst Rifle per team in a 3v3 and 4v4. (This applies to the Burst Rifle and Scoped Burst Rifle.)
- 1 Hunting Rifle per team in a 3v3 and 4v4.
- Hunting Rifle with Revolver COMBO is banned so when using the HR, your side-arm options are the following; 9mm and Enforcer.
- All players must be level 50 or above in The Last of Us (Factions).
- If a team decides to ignore this rule and has a player below this requirement, they will be disqualified. The opposing team would be required to take proof and dispute the match.
- For all no-show proof, you must send an entire video of your team waiting in the game lobby for the other team. The video must be 10 minutes long for a no-show that happens at the start of the match, and 5 minutes long for a no-show that happens inbetween maps in a match. Please also add screenshots and proof of invites to the end of the video or in a separate video. Finally, make sure the video of your team waiting in the lobby is not edited in any way. If other proof is put in the front or end of the video, it will be accepted, but nothing inbetween.
- After accepting a match, you have a maximum of 10 minutes after the scheduled start time to show up in the lobby with the required number of teammates. In the event that a team does not show up, the opposing team must have proof of sending a friend request, messaging the team (messages must show time-stamps displaying the time and date), and waiting in the lobby with your full team.
- When inbetween matches, you have a total of 5 minutes to select the next map and start the match.
- If both teams agree to play after the no-show time, then the match will proceed and will count. You cannot submit no-show proof once you have agreed with the other team to play the match.
- If connection issues occur resulting in one team being unable to host, the opposing team may host the match.
- Once a match has started, there is a 60-second time-frame in which the match can be restarted. During this time, if the hosting team wishes to restart, they may quit back to lobby, and if the opposing team wishes to restart, they may fire their weapons in the air to alert the host to leave. Should the hosting team ignore the gunshots, players are entitled to leave during the first 60 seconds of the match. If this happens, the match must restart on the same map within 5 minutes of leaving. If a down occurs during the first 60 seconds, the match can no longer be restarted.
- If a player leaves or disconnects during a match after the initial 60-seconds, the match must go ahead. You cannot re-start the match.
- If the host disconnects or quits the match after the initial 60-seconds, it will result in a forfeit of the match.
- Each team must pick a colour when waiting in the game lobby. Not picking a colour is the same as not being ready. If any player does not choose a colour before the no-show time for Map 1, or before the 5-minute deadline inbetween maps, it will result in a no-show. All members not choosing a colour is also not allowed. (All maps will be forfeit if one or more members of your team do not select a colour)
- Every newly-created team that contains the same players previously noted in a high-ranking ladder placing team will find their elo rating will be reset to 0.
- Should a similar instance occur for a second time with the same players, a suspension will be applied to all participating players, in addition to the newly-created team's elo being reset.
- If a match is completed where an ineligible player is playing for the winning team, the match will be cancelled. If a match is completed where an ineligible player is playing for the losing team, the match results will stand.
- Teams cannot agree to bring in any player that is not on the team and not in the challenge.
- Players on the challenge only can be subbed in; anyone not on the challenge will not be allowed to play.
- If a team shows up with an ineligible player, the match will be forfeited and proof must be shown from the opposing team.
- Every player can only be part of one team. This includes players that have alternative accounts and/or account-share, both of which is not permitted. If this rule is broken, an entire team or individual member(s) may face a suspension.
- We encourage at least one member of the team to live-stream their matches, as this is the best way to confirm any proof that may get submitted.
- The next-best alternative would be to take a video recording using the PlayStation share button or a capture card. Video recordings taken externally using a mobile phone or similar device will not be accepted.
- Screenshots are acceptable however highly unrecommended as these can be falsified.
- Every proof submitted must be focused on the match that is in question. Submitting anything irrelevant to the match and/or inappropriate will result in a penalty.
- All proof must remain available for at least two weeks from the match starting date. Removing proof may result in the match outcome being overturned.
- Crabwalking and/or run-glitching by habit, accident or with intent will result in a loss for your team for that particular map.
- If you believe that your team has witnessed crabwalking and/or run-glitching, you must message the opposing team to inform them. This will give the accused team the opportunity to save a video recording as proof in the event that it did not occur.
- If you are unsure of your proof's validity, we would strongly recommend continuing the match. If you are 100% sure that you have witnessed crabwalking and/or run-glitching, please save a video recording, leave the match immediately and dispute. (Please note the difference between run-glitching and switching between weapons.)
- For any suspected lag, please save & submit your proof and an admin will determine the outcome at their own discretion. Please do not leave the match unless both teams agree to replay the map. Please save proof of the other team agreeing to replay the map. Extreme lag that is not intentional will result in a cancellation, but this outcome will be rare and must be shown to have affected the match multiple times throughout the entire map/match.
- Lagging intentionally will not be tolerated. Teams caught doing so will face consequences.
- The Crown will reward 5 extra XP for every win.
- The team that has the crown will need to play within 48 hours of withholding it. If the crown-holding team doesn’t play a match within 48 hours, it will be reset and given to the next winning team on the ladder.
- The crown system is automatic and will not be moderated by staff unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Teams that are inactive for a certain number of consecutive days will increasingly lose XP as part of our elo decay scheme, which is aimed to encourage teams to stay active on the ladder and prevent top ladder places being taken by inactive teams. The rate of XP loss will be as follows; Teams that are inactive for 3 days will lose 20XP, 6 days will lose 30XP, 7 days = 30XP, 10 days = 30XP, 14 days = 35XP, 18 days= 45XP, 22 days= 55, 26 days= 65 and finally after 30 days of inactivity you will lose 70XP.
List of banned modded controllers
⦁ Cronus Max
⦁ Cronus Zen
⦁ Titan One
⦁ Titan Two
⦁ Strike Pack
⦁ Hori Pad with rapid fire
Player Monitoring List:
We have created a list of players who will be subject to continuous monitoring due to various reasons, including suspected rule violations, the use of unauthorized 3rd-party devices, excessive lag, and other behaviors that may compromise fair competition. The list can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vA6ZoQRqHd76LIOd0ceLozo9aggtqBi0d8JeC7oa8r8/edit#gid=0.
Please note that inclusion on this list does not imply guilt but signifies the need for ongoing scrutiny.
For players on the monitoring list, the following steps will be implemented:
Players will be contacted via PSN by the username "TLOUEsportsStaff" to initiate the compliance process. Please verify the legitimacy of this account and refrain from engaging with any other accounts claiming to be admins. To confirm authenticity, the "TLOUEsportsStaff" account will only have admins on its friend list.
When contacted, players will be required to submit video proof of their most recent matches. It is crucial to save the five most recent matches as an admin may request one or more of them for review. Compliance with this requirement is necessary to ensure fair play and rule adherence.
Players will have 48 hours from the time of contact to submit their footage. Failure to meet the submission deadline may result in consequences as outlined below. We also kindly remind all players to ensure they have sufficient storage capacity to save and submit the requested gameplay footage. Insufficient storage will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to provide the required video proof.
Consequences for Rule Violations:
Players caught breaking the rules will face disciplinary action. Depending on the severity of the violation, consequences may range from a one-month ban to a six-month ban, and in extreme cases, a permanent ban. We will evaluate each case individually and apply the appropriate penalty.
Failure to Submit Proof:
If a player fails to submit the requested footage within the given 48-hour timeframe, they will receive a one-week ban. Repeat instances of non-compliance will result in escalating bans, including two weeks, one month, and, in severe cases, season or permanent bans. It is essential to comply with the footage submission requirement to avoid these consequences. We value the feedback and input of our community members.
- Personal malicious attacks, such as Doxing, DDOSing, attempting to steal information from players and/or staff, and similar acts of malicious intent will result in a ban. If you wish to find out more, please view our Terms & Conditions.